Looking for piston rings.

Get some new gear

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Buber

Looking for piston rings.

Postby Buber » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi!

Any good ideas as to where get piston rings at reasonable (if not outright cheap :wink: ) price?

My engine drinks oil, so if I will have the cylinders off I can as well fix it properly...

Thanks for any ideas!

Volker_P

Re: Looking for piston rings.

Postby Volker_P » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:11 am

Sorry, no recommendation for the rings but another bad news: There are few cases where just new rings can make an enduring reduction of oil consumption. If you not already use mineral 15W40 there is probably no simple solution. How many miles and how much oil consumption? Does it depend strongly on rpm and do you already see smoking? Did you make a compression test.
My solution to this problem was to get a cheap crashed Z-model from a guy who remembered me giving him some useful advice some time ago, sell the incompatible parts for the price I paid for the bike and have the remaining parts and the engine for the price of the trip to get them. :wink: I think I will install it this winter. Engine looked all right inside and I hope it will run.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

Maxx

Re: Looking for piston rings.

Postby Maxx » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:15 am

I didn't realize that piston rings were an accessory... :lol:

Return to “Accessories and Apparel”