What helmet to suit the 650?

Get some new gear

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

jaimiepeeters

What helmet to suit the 650?

Postby jaimiepeeters » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:00 am

HI guys

Since I'm about to buy my first bike ever, a CB650Z, I'm also on the lookout for a helmet.
My girlfriend and I've been to a bike store yesterday and tried on different brands and models. It seems we were more the JET type, all matte black. Did leave me questioning the safety of it though.

So perhaps you guys could share with me your helmets? Any advice is welcome.
It will be for my girlfriend and I, we live in Amsterdam but I guess importing from US wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Volker_P

Re: What helmet to suit the 650?

Postby Volker_P » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:29 am

Guess this means you got the CB shown here.
Congratulations! :D

The most important issue for a helmet is that it fits your head because you won't have fun otherwise.
If you manage to find one you can wear in a comfortable way all day just get it.
I was lucky to find a helmet like that except for my ears. So I cut out the cushion there to get a really fitting helmet.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

Dan_

Re: What helmet to suit the 650?

Postby Dan_ » Thu May 28, 2015 2:08 am

It depends on the budget you have for helmets. From my experience it has to be high-quality in order to protect you from bad weather conditions and of course damages.
The most important factor, I`ve recognized during all these years, is to be comfortable, no matter is it expensive or cheap. On the market now, there are suitable price ranges for helmets, but the comfort is the key.

Return to “Accessories and Apparel”