New riding boots

Get some new gear

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Vatch

New riding boots

Postby Vatch » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:46 am

Hey, this is the first post in the "Accessories and Apparel" section. :)

My old riding boots (black engineer boots) are on the last leg. They have been resoled twice and the cobbler told me they cannot be resoled again. Very sad. I've traveled many miles in them over 12 years and they saved my ankle once when I dumped going 50 mph. They should last through the summer, but good boots take a while to break in so I thought I should get started on a new pair before those die.

After some consideration I decided to get a pair of cowboy boots. I try to avoid wearing shoes with laces on motorcycles, especially ones with chain drives. These are made for work: heavy leather, rubber soles that is acid and oil resistant, no picture of ponies on the side. They are not the fancy kind that John Travolta wore in Urban Cowboy with his nut-hugger jeans. For my inaugural ride I was starting the bike and looked down to see that my 650 had spit gasoline onto both boots. Not much (and not sure where it came from :? ), but enough to show on new brown boots. I guess I know what my 650 thinks of the new boots. :( Or perhaps it was the bikes way of saying to the boots, "If you going to ride with me you'll have oil stains sooner or later. Might as well be sooner."

As I rode through town and was at traffic light a guy in a car said, "That's a good looking bike. I like that." 8)
'99 1500 Drifter

Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:35 am

Hehe, when I was a teenager I used to take a brand new pair of engineers boots and smash the square toes with a hammer so they didn't look so new :) Sorry about your old boots. I guess they can't last forever. 12 years is damn close though.
1980 CB650c

Return to “Accessories and Apparel”