Newbie How to use the search feature to find my problem?

Any conversation that doesn't fit the forums above

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

mela

Newbie How to use the search feature to find my problem?

Postby mela » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Newbie,
Thank you for the comeback regarding using the search feature.
Please advise me how to use it and what to put in the search box to get the needed information on using aquariam T's to stop leaking T's in the carburetors of my 1982 Honda Nighthawk 650ccSC
Thank you ,
Please get back.
Mel

Volker_P

Re: Newbie How to use the search feature to find my problem?

Postby Volker_P » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:22 am

As "aquarium" is a keyword not so much expected in a motorcycle forum, one can expect that there will be not too many hits to read all the posts you get that way.
One may also think of something like "replacement tee".
"Triple tee" is another common name for these parts here.
Usually a search function including ours works best with several, short keywords instead of a long, single expression.

However the search function here ignores very common keywords like "oil". The output list starts with listing such ignored keywords. Unfortunately this weakens the above method of combined, short keywords somewhat.

Note that in this forum it presently plays no role where you start from, nevertheless in other forums often only the subforum you started the search is treated. Here you can specify subforums in the search directly.

To your issue I remember some people here mentioning they used aquarium or other replacement tees but you probably will not find a detailed description or a brand here.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

mela

Postby mela » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:29 am

get a reply from a friend that was very good and smart
is the t joints a vent or fuel line
no one at this forum said anything regarding venting or fuel
big difference !!!!!!!!!!

So you are saying that these T joints are not for fuel?O.K. ?

Look at the picture of the 4 carburetors picture that you sent me and look at the pipe in the center between carburetor 2 and 3 .
Is that the fuel line going into the carburetors???
Maybe that was the mistake that the previous owner had on the pipe .
The 2 vent tubes joints at the carburetors came up above the carbs into a T joint that was the same size as the fuel line size . Noting that there was a hose at that location that led to the back of the bike possibly being the vent.

When you hook up the fuel line to the center section between 2 and 3, will any gas come out of the T joints?

Thanks,

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:18 am

Please have a look at the drawing below. These tees are in fact vents that are guided together to another tee (#20 in the drawing), from there another hose to the top of the airbox.
The fuel line seems to be between carbs 2+3.

I also hijacked this photo from kullin that shows the smaller, outer hoses going down from a connecting tee at the top to the two T-vents. The thicker hose going down between carbs 2+3 is the fuel line. On the picture it comes from the vacuum shutoff. However it may just be directly connected to the petcock, too. Image
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

Return to “Everything else”