Dirt bike to enduro?

Any conversation that doesn't fit the forums above

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Folsoml

Dirt bike to enduro?

Postby Folsoml » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Has anyone ever taken a strictly off road bike and made it street legal? Is there more to it than just adding a headlight and some turn signals?
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

Volker_P

Re: Dirt bike to enduro?

Postby Volker_P » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:21 am

In Germany you could forget about that due to formal reasons.
Because if it never was licensed, you have to meet today's emission rules which is impossible for any dirtbike you could want to have on the road.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

Totaled108

Postby Totaled108 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:32 am

You'll have to look up specific laws in Florida, each state may be different. Though I have seems 4stroke off road only bikes converted to be street legal. There are kits for popular bikes that this is done to. You'll generally need a rear running red light, brake light switched on my both front and rear leve/pedal, always on headlight, and usually the exhaust will need to be below a specific noise level.

Again check you local DMV for its laws. Oregon's laws allow for this convention, and sets the guidelines on its website. Totally doable.

cb650

Postby cb650 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:08 pm

Also depends on the bike your starting with. Most older dirt bikes only had magnetos. Would have to add a alt and battery for the lites. There are some batteryless kits but dont know whats involved in them.
Did you clean the tank out?!?!?!?!

Return to “Everything else”