dumped my baby today!

Any conversation that doesn't fit the forums above

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

bubbachicken

dumped my baby today!

Postby bubbachicken » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Hello everyone.

I had a BAD morning, but it got better. Yesterday, a line service truck was in my driveway blocking me in. I asked him nicely to move his truck as I had places I need to be, and he got irate and climbed into the cab and slammed the door, then pulled out. I had seen that he had been doing something to some tools, evidently in preparation for his turn to do something with the other crews there at the time, but I did not realize what a hazard he left for me.

This morning, as I pulled out of my driveway again, I discovered his "gift" for me. The front tire picked it up, but when I was turning, the wad of grease scooted my front tire out in the turn onto the roadway, and I put the bike halfway into a 2' ditch on the far side of the road, and down she went.

I broke the windshield, but the rest was fine, lots of mud and such, but no other damage to the bike. I managed to lift the bike (danged heavy, that), and get her upright, but then slipped and dropped her yet again!

I then dinged my helmet on the pavement as I fell backward off my feet (wet pavement and grease smeared all over it, which of course I just HAD to step on), and added a bruised hip to the fun. So now I have a bruised elbow and hip, sore knee (slightly), and a broken windshield.

Now, I was moving at less than 10 mph, and STILL managed to do all that. ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME. Not a bloody place on me, and the steel toes, chaps, armor jointed leather jacket, and rainsuit coat plus full face helmet made for zero rash or scrapes. And that was with the bike falling ON me. Wear it all folks, it only takes a minute. Who cares if you don't look cool, the blood won't make you look cool either.

Maybe I got VERY lucky, and it dislodged that stuck float. It hit pretty hard.

Folsoml

Re: dumped my baby today!

Postby Folsoml » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:50 am

That's not good. Glad you're OK.
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

bubbachicken

Postby bubbachicken » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:42 am

Yeah, it sucked, BUT I did not get seriously hurt at all, so I had a good day after all! Now to go put that fairing on, because half a windshield, I found, is worse than none at all.

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:51 am

Bad story!
Good to hear you and your bike are more or less all right.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

Return to “Everything else”