Back on two wheels again.......

Please post your bike pics here

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Rifleman

Back on two wheels again.......

Postby Rifleman » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:29 pm

Recently purchased and finally good to go.......lots of rebuilding done from new tires, chain and sprockets, head gasket, cam chain tensioner, battery, alt rotor, starter brushes, regulator/rectifier, fork seals, recovered seat, new petcock, ignition switch, and fresh paint on the tank and side covers, its time to ride and make sure it's all ready for next spring...........

I present my 1981 CB 650 C with 4 into 1 header and lowered bars - acquired in early Sept 07 with 31,384 km on the odo........ 8)

I think it may be a fine mount for running up and down the island .....

That 4-into-1 exhaust has a nice little growl which you can only hear at low speed, once on the run, you only hear the wind...... 8-)

With our fall and winter about to start, I decided to try one last run into the mountains ...... the current weather forecast is for a week of rain, starting on Tuesday(tomorrow), so, under foggy skies, I headed north up the island and then into the island heading for the Pacific.........

45 mins out from home, I spotted this new marker on the Seawalk in Campbell River.......We're closer to the North Pole than the Equator ...........

A quick glance at the main fishing fleet of Campbell River, hidden in behind the manmade breakwater. It takes one this large to deal with the tide and storms this area can see from time to time........

On the way west now and encountering all sorts of weather from fog to brilliant sunshine, how can anyone not want to do a run down these twisties with a view of the mountains just to top off the day ?

Crossing the bridge which allows me to get to the other side of Buttle Lake.......a favourite camping area in the mountains......

After the amount of rain we've had lately, I'm not surprised at the number of fresh water washes, seemingly coming out of the rock on the side of the road........

Spectacular view of the inside of an inlet with Pacific access......the dirty water is a result of the mountain fed river and the recent rain........This is Nootka Sound at Gold River, the adopted home for Luna, the wayward Orca which was finally killed here by playing too close to the prop on a moving boat...... :cry:

For the inlanders, take note of the signs posted here.......it's no joke, we're at sea-level and need to be aware......

And what would a post be without some form of aviation.......Cessna 180 and DHC-2 Beaver, both on floats.....a necessity around coastal mountains........

More of the beauty of the mountains in flall colour as the water streams fresh from uphill somewhere ?

One last lingering look at the views I can call home with great pleasure........till next time, ...........

FYI, the run from Campell River to Nootka Sound and back was a total of 210 twisting, turning, rising and dropping kilometres.....in the fuel tank, it cost me $9.81 Cdn - just about 10 L .......in the neighbourhood of 60+ mpg.....not bad !
Last edited by Rifleman on Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stevieb

Re: Back on two wheels again.......

Postby Stevieb » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:20 am

Nice looking bike- I like the bars, exhaust and black paint. Great photos, too.

Volker_P

Re: Back on two wheels again...

Postby Volker_P » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:03 am

Welcome here! :D
Thanks for the great pictures. Seems you have a fine bike and the belonging scenery to enjoy it. And quite friendly fuel prices BTW.

Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:01 am

Welcome! That's a nice looking bike and some great scenery. Thanks for posting.
1980 CB650c

Ibsen

Postby Ibsen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:04 am

Welcome to the forum. 8)

Great looking bike , and a great looking scenery. :)

Return to “Show it off”