Need Front Brake Calipers! 79-81

CB650's for sale

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

SchoolDaGeek

Need Front Brake Calipers! 79-81

Postby SchoolDaGeek » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:36 pm

Already rebuilt my calipers but they are freezing up again probably due to the specs on the pistons, they were a little pocked and very slightly out of round but I took a chance anyway. Don't want to buy two new pistons and have to do it all over again with fingers crossed.

Looking for both front calipers as a bolt on solution. Would like them to slide back and forth very easily with finger pressure. If you are interested in trading cores I can do that too. I am budget minded, can spend up to $50 shipped. Just lost an auction on Ebay on a good pair so I am posting here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I suppose if someone out there had two NOS pistons that would do the trick too.
Buy New, Wire Right. BNWR. LOL

Folsoml

Re: Need Front Brake Calipers! 79-81

Postby Folsoml » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Check this thread:

http://www.hondacb650.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5593&start=15

He said on April 20 that he still had front brake calipers.
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:01 am

SchoolDaGeek wrote:Looking for both front calipers as a bolt on solution.

Sounds like you have a 1981 Custom, right?
Just because this was the only dual disk model with single piston calipers in the US as far as I understood.
So probably you'll need 1981 Custom calipers again.

If both seize up simultaneously it is rather probable you just need to clean the small bore in the master cylinder. :wink:
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

SchoolDaGeek

Postby SchoolDaGeek » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:42 pm

No, they have been bled twice, once to clear the line before the rebuild which came out like orange juice, and then a second time after the rebuild. The master cylinder looks after market and new, but it could be a OEM new.

When my brother did the rebuild he noticed some pocking and out of roundness on the right piston (as sitting on the bike) and a little less pocking on the left.

The bike is just extremely hard to push around, and after a short ride around the parking lot, the left disc was warm to the touch, but the right disc was hot enough that you couldn't leave your finger there for more than a second or so.

I contacted the OP of the link you gave, but he has none to sell. I will keep searching...
Buy New, Wire Right. BNWR. LOL

Return to “Bikes”