Same size wheel / rims front and rear

Any conversation that doesn't fit the forums above

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

David Stone

Same size wheel / rims front and rear

Postby David Stone » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:23 am

Hi. Im starting my first project. and the first question pops up. Im from Norway by the way. Ok, so I would like to have same wheel size on front and rear wheel and rim. I have a CB 650 original with rims and tiers, What would the best solution be to have the same size on front and rear?

I guess, if I would need a bigger sized rim rear I would have to change the original brakes? or does it exist bolt on solutions for this with ned rim?

If someone har experience with this I would love to know.

David

GeorgeSweety

Re: Same size wheel / rims front and rear

Postby GeorgeSweety » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:36 am

Hello David, has your bike got Comstar or spoked wheels? If they are spoked wheels you could just have the rear hub rebuilt with a larger rim and longer spokes. If you have Comstars I'm not sure if it would even be possible.

David Stone

Postby David Stone » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:58 am

Hi, Its the comstar rims. So if its not possible to use the brakes I got, then maby I should get som disk brakes and a new comstar rim in bigger size?

GeorgeSweety

Postby GeorgeSweety » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 am

Hi David, so you are looking for a 19 inch rear Comstar wheel? The only Honda's that I know of that use a 19 inch rear wheel are the CRF250/450's and they are spoked wheels. I think that your only real and easier option is to get a set of spoked wheels and have the rear rebuilt with a 19 inch rim. That is of course if a 19 inch wheel would have clearance of your swing arm. I put Comstars on my CB650 Custom as my spoked wheels were in a poor state so I know that the wheels are a straight swap, but my Custom has a single disc brake on the front.

David Stone

Postby David Stone » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:49 am

Thanks for input. I like the comstar rims so I guess I will try to find tiers that will fit and make the size front and rear seem like the same. I have the double disc front breaks. And as you say, I dont think the 19 inch will fit as a rear rim. OR maby the solution will be to go down size on the front wheel, 17 inch and the same rear? How do you put image in this forum?

Folsoml

Postby Folsoml » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:17 am

David Stone wrote: How do you put image in this forum?

Hi David!

When you are at the "post a reply" screen, scroll down until you see the Options/Attachments tabs. Click on "attachments" and then "add files."
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

David Stone

Postby David Stone » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Ahaaa. Thaks. Its nice to add pictures so that it is easy to show or point out what you are talking about :)
Attachments
LL 5893 Honda CB650 Side.jpg
LL 5893 Honda CB650 Side.jpg (565.57 KiB) Viewed 20350 times

David Stone

Postby David Stone » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:45 pm

this is how the bike is looking like now. Im fixing my garage so it will be ready to come home :) Just bought it.

GeorgeSweety

Postby GeorgeSweety » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:47 am

That is a very tidy looking bike David :D I am also building my garage, well a large shed, as I can only work on my bikes when it isn't raining. But with UK weather it always seems to be raining when work needs doing :lol:

David Stone

Postby David Stone » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:47 am

:lol: so its like the same in Norway. Cold and rain and wind. But I'm lucky to have a garage. Im riding the bike home on Wednesday this week I hope. Its suppose to be nice and sunny.

What bike do you have? Im gonna build this to a cafe racer bike.

When I comes to the tiers I think I only will change the tiers, not the complete wheel and rims.

Return to “Everything else”